Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: CONTEST!!! It's Cherie's birthday, but YOU get the presents!

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This one everybody got wrong....

    THIS is Texas Terri:
    http://www.texasterri.com/26TexasTerri.jpg

    THIS is Terri Brinegar of Terri & The T-Bones:
    http://www.jukejoint.com/tbones/terri1.htm

    Bit of a trick question...Texas Terri is a punker, while Terri Brinegar is Texas Blues singer.

    There's this great feature on Google. Go to google.com, then click IMAGES, you can do a search where all your results are images. If you typed in each gal's name, you would get pictures of them as a result and see they are different people. I got these links that way.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wait-justaminute. I answered #7 after a quick P2P-search on Kazaa. Didn't download all the songs it gave-up to check, but "Cherry Bomb" was listed as a John Cougar Mellencamp song. Was that the same song, or different song same title?

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry Reved. This is indeed a different song than the one by John Cougar. This quiz entirely had to do with Cherie and others in the Rocket City family of artists.

    There are tons of songs with the same name...The BMI & ASCAP databases have 16 different songs listed by the name of "Cherry Bomb". But in this case, we are referring to the Runaways hit that was written by Joan Jett for Cherie Currie. It is Cherie's signature song and is a rock/punk classic. In addition to the ones that Gus listed above, there are at least half a dozen more cover versions of this song by different artists other than members of the Runaways. Your buddy Linnea Quigley even did one! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member RJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2000
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! Now I get to go shopping. What a perfect Xmas gift.

    Thanks!!

    Rob

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hahaa! So Texas Terri does the same electrical-tape as pasties thing Wendy O. Williams & the Genitorturers do, eh?

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh, I was imagining John Mellencamp perhaps having a female chorus doing the "Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!" part of the song, but him sliding-in (perhaps in a duet with a female vocalist) thruout the rest of the lyrics.

    His early career as an industry tool pretty-boy is unknown to me also. Besides that one "Jack & Diane" hit, don't know WTF he was releasing in the 80's.... He mighta been into the garage-punk groove same as The Beasty Boys were before discovering Rap..?

  7. #17
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Can't you just picture John Mellencamp singing Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb?!?!? I'll admit I tracked down his lyrics reved, even though I didn't believe it possible! I think he's singing about a night club called Cherry Bomb, actually!
    Someone said Bruce Springsteen did Cherry Bomb too but I never found that one at all! There was one called Cherry Pie though. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    It's interesting to note that, Terri Brinegar is known around L.A. as the Texas Tornado but it's the Punk Rocker Texas Terri who Cherie worked with, a while back! I'm looking forward to hearing those tracks, for sure!
    I love Goggle for image searches rocketmaster. It's awesome!

    So....Rob is RJA!!! I guess I should have realized that but I'm sort of slow! Get yourself some great xmas gifts RJA. There is tons of really CCool stuff to choose from, no doubt!

    Oh, and by the way, if Cherie had written the forward for Linnea Quigley's Chainsaw Bio Book, I truly believe it would have been one of the best gosh darn forwards ever written for any book, because Cherie Currie is wonderful! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Enjoy your stuff you guys
    and Happy Holidays to you all!
    [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 18, 2003 12:59 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  8. #18
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I've never been much of a John Couger Mellencamp fan but I do love that one 'R-O-C-K In The USA.'
    His Cherry Bomb was a perfectly reasonable assumption on your part Reved!
    Who'd-a-thunk he would steal a song title like that for one of his own songs? Sort of plagaristic IMO!

    Hey bud, you should drop by 'Dogs On The Internet' on the RCR message board some time. I may be a [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] but I love [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] s too, 4 sure!

    Were you a Wendy fan? A little electrician's tape never hurt anybody really!
    Well...maybe upon removal it would sting a bit. I just don't know though!!!

    BTW, that Cherie Currie t-shirt looks pretty CCool, eh?

    Rock on brother!
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 18, 2003 11:24 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After looking at the answers I guess I had 8 correct answers but I think I was right on the drummers too Gus.
    I don't see 2 of my drummers listed with your correct answers. Shouldn't Karen Carpenter and Carmine Appice be amoung them?

    How is that for nit-picking? As if one more correct answer would matter anyway.

    Actually I just wanted to let you know I registered so I could get in on your next anagram game. Is it coming soon?
    Todd

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Karen Carpenter is a good one!
    But, Carmine is a MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Welcome to the boards Todd!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic